LIVE, LAUGH, AND LEARN... welcome to the co.



Out With the Old, in With the New

image cred: designboom.com

As the second day of the new year comes to an end, I'm realizing how different things are for me compared to this time last year... and I mean that in a good and bad sense. It's been one crazy roller coaster ride, but looking back on everything I now know that I wouldn't change a thing.

Seeing as this is not my own personal blog, I'll keep the self-reflection to a minimum. I'm sure that all of you can relate when I say that this year has been full of major setbacks, but also significant growth. This can obviously translate to an individual level as well as to the grander scheme of things.

Yet, despite all the hardships that I've faced (on my own and as a ¢ollective) I remain grateful for the many lessons learned and hopeful for what lies ahead. I've never really been one for new year's resolutions; probably because I've always had trouble seeing them all the way through. However, after getting through a year that I never thought I'd see end, I now fully understand how important it can be to set new goals in an effort to find a new beginning... or maybe just a little balance.

So instead of leaving you with a list of things I want to personally change or improve about myself or habits I want to get rid of, I'd like to leave you with this challenge for 2009:

Promise Yourself
Christian D. Larson

Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large to worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.


I wish you all peace & progress in the new year.

Let's shine in '09.

1 comments:

Adrian said...

AMEN!

It's all about 2009!