LIVE, LAUGH, AND LEARN... welcome to the co.



Environmentally Friendly Graffiti

The other day while blog-hoppin' I came across an interesting concept: reverse graffiti. After researching more about it, I discovered it's not that new of an art form, as the artist who originated it, Paul "Moose" Curtis, was featured on NPR back in 2004. More recently, however, he's been getting madd exposure with this documentary:



Once I heard that his latest mural was
in my city (and in my old 'hood), I grabbed my camera and made my way out to the Broadway tunnel to check it out for myself. I wish I had known about this earlier-- I would have loved to drive by while he was working on it or photograph it when it was still fresh. Nonetheless, I was still able to get a few good shots.





Crazy what one could do with a grimy wall, cleaning products and giant homemade stencils. I'm interested in seeing how city officials will cover up, or clean up, this kind of graffiti.

Take care of your city, folks. Keep it clean and go green... see how amazing it could be?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it its like banksy with a garden hose....very very cool idea... http://www.ossario.net/ossario/images.html

OSSARIO does the same from brazil.. but his art style is different and he uses just the dirt.. and not stencil in with a washer...

dee said...

ahh, niice. yeah, his name came up while i was researching. thanks for the link!

mike said...

oh shit that's dooope!!

Adrian said...

You ever see something and just think...man, I REALLY wish I had thought of that?