LIVE, LAUGH, AND LEARN... welcome to the co.



AD NAUSEUM: the last thing on my mind.

lately when i catch an old navy ad on tv, one thought comes to mind. no, not "wow i really need to buy me some performance fleece" but rather, "who's supplying the soundtrack?"

to hear what i'm talking about, here's an extended version of the lastest ON "episode," i.e. commercial :


last night the obsessive-compulsive in me decided to do a little sleuthing for the artist featured in the ad campaign. her name is lights, she hails from toronto, her EP is available on iTunes, and all four songs are pretty good stuff.

so, i recommend that you check lights out if you're into that whole indie pop electronic-ish sound. according to her myspace, she writes/produces her music out of her bedroom, which makes me like her more. (my favorite song right now is "drive my soul.")

my guess is that when she eventually comes out with a full-length album, she'll go the ingrid michaelson route and get picked up by VH1 as a "you oughta know" artist (*groan*) or something of that nature. as you may recall, michaelson's song "the way i am" was also featured in an old navy sweater commercial several months ago. the advertising execs succeeded in selling me on that musician too. but the fair isle knits? um, no.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks... I WAS wondering who that was.

Anonymous said...

OK FOR THE RECORD.. THIS SONG IS FUCKING KILLING ME ... IVE BEEN PLAYIN THIS FOR LIKE 2 MONTHS STRAIT..i love you lights...